Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rejecting / Reflecting the Glory of God

If anyone hasn't seen Lecrae's talk from Passion 2015, I encourage you to do that on youtube! That's what my blog is about tonight.

Glory can be defined as: magnificence, worship of highest praise, fame, renown, radiance, beauty.

Exodus 40:34 -- Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

The tabernacle was not complete (even with all the fancy things inside of it) until the weight of God's glory filled that place!
God's glory: Display of perfection, honor, fame, going forth/making public His holiness, infinite value.

All of creation tells the story of God's glory! That's what we're meant to do! That's what the Seraphim did in Isaiah 6. "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."
When the earth reflects this holiness, we call it glory.

Our value... our worth... is wrapped up in Him! Your value is because of Who's Name is on you! God's glory is stitched in your genes!

1 Corinthians 10:31 -- "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
Even the simple things point to God's glory.

1 Corinthians 6:19 -- "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?"
Isaiah 43: 20 -- "The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland,..."
Isaiah 48:11b -- "I will not yield my glory to another."

*You're either reflecting God's glory, or you're trying to reject it!*

You don't see creation rebelling! You don't see stars not "feeling" like shining. Flowers don't "feel" like smelling differently.

The 2 highest creatures ever made are: Angels & Men.
They are the only 2 who decided to rebel.
God decided He wants to restore us. Angels don't get salvation. They long for it, but they don't get it. We take it for granted.
Romans 1:21 -- "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."
Romans 3:23 -- "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

When we're rejecting His glory and caring only for our own glorification, we're exactly like Satan in saying, "It's not about Your glory; it's about mine."

Exodus 33:11a -- "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend."
God will not leave you on your own to figure things out.
Exodus 33:12-14 -- Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.' If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
He is all we've ever needed!

Sometimes, we're like Moses and say, "I hear You, but show me!" On top of Mount Sinai, Moses caught a GLIMPSE of God's glory. (Seeing all of it would strike him dead.) Once he went down from the mountain, his face was shining!
REFLECT the shining face!

YOU are the Tabernacle!
The glory of God rests inside of YOU! To reflect how awesome He is, to this world!

The focus = gaze on the glory of Jesus, then look to this world.

People around you should be able to tell you that your face is shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment