Monday, July 15, 2013

Never say you're too young!




There are so many laws restricting young adults from doing many things in today's society. Examples are you can't drive until you're 16, you can't buy lottery tickets or cigarettes until you're 18, you can't drink until you're 21, and the list goes on and on. And if you want to do one of those things, most times you get carded to prove you're the right age and you're not using someone else's name.

Jeremiah 1:6-10 (NIV) says this:
“Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”

To spread God's word, you don't need to believe you're too young and inexperienced. God told Jeremiah to obey everything He says because He will rescue Jeremiah from anyone who gets in his way. God is always with us. He empowers us. Spreading God's word is priceless and very rewarding! You can tell anyone about God! Pray and ask the Lord to send an opportunity your way. No matter how small, God will use you to do His will. He says in Matthew 21:22 (ESV) "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Don't let anyone get in your way or tell you you're too young to know what you're talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment